Duration: 18 hours
Number of credits: 1 credit
Inclusive education is a prerequisite for the social inclusion of students with special learning needs. Since 2005, the comprehensive education became a global agenda for all educational systems of UN member countries, including Albania. The inclusion of children and young people with disabilities and especially those with learning difficulties in mainstream education is widely accepted, not only as the best form of education, but also of socialization (inclusion and belonging to the social group). This module will provide knowledge about research methods in comprehensive education where a special role will be played by Action Research, a method widely used by teaching staff in European schools, for self-reflection and professional growth.
Beneficiaries of this training
- Vice principals of 9-year schools;
- Deputy principals of secondary schools;
- Heads of subject departments/teams;
- Teachers who aspire to become leaders;
- Manager of professional networks.
At the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
- identify students with special needs and disabilities;
- assess needs (tools for assessing capacity to learn, based on international and national best practices for Inclusive Education);
- design the curriculum to enable achievement for all;
- develop individual education and care plans;
- provide external support and resources to support children with special needs.