POSITION: Project Manager for CPD & Inspection
“The Center for School Leadership” has been established as result of cooperation between Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) and Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth (MoESY) aiming to support the professional development of in-service and aspiring principals/ vice principals of public or private pre-university educational institutions, by administering the compulsory training, certification process and provide on-the-job continuous professional development training.
The end goal of this center is to provide schools with well-equipped leaders, positively affect school environment and directly increase the quality of education.
Main tasks of PM for CPD & Inspection are to:
- Develop, lead and monitor the process of continuous professional development training for in-service principals/ vice-principals and teachers.
- Collaborate with the Agency of the Quality Assurance of Pre-Higher Education System (AQAPE) for the quality and the accreditation of each CPD courses offered by CSL.
- Collaborate with the General Directory of Pre-Higher Education (GDPE) for monitoring, evaluation and inspection in school.
- Collaborate with both AQAPE and GDPE for the improvement of inspection process in school.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other educational institutions in Albania to identify periodically the needs of teachers and school principals for their professional development.
- Facilitate collaboration with similar international institutions and do research in development countries to identify best models that can be implemented in Albania.
- Identify local trainers to develop and deliver the curricula for each course.
- Promote the CPD courses to teachers and principals all over the country.
The Project Manager for CPD & Inspection must be quick professional with great time-management and multitasking abilities. The PM is responsible for administering and harmonizing daily tasks during all phases of Project Management
- Prepare and maintain detailed project implementation plans;
- Manage project deliverables in line with the plan;
- Manage project scope and deal with escalating issues when necessary;
- Maintain relationships with third party consultants and / or subcontractors;
- Monitor project expenses towards defined budget;
- Do research in the field of interest;
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the field of Education to solicit information and coordinate efforts during project development and implementation;
- Prepare narrative and financial reports and update on a regular basis CSL CEO.
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Plan/organize and implement events;
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree (a Master’s degree would be an asset);
- More than 5 years working experience in Project Management (work experience in the field of education would be an advantage);
- Very good communication, organization and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer skills including MS Office;
- Solid ethics;
- Good understanding of institutional settings in the public sector, working experience and background in pre-higher education institutions is considered an advantage;
- Good understanding of school leadership, training design and delivery are preferred.