Position: CEO for Center for School Leadership
As part of the Education sector portfolio, AADF is currently implementing the Center for School
Leadership (CSL) project with the aim to train and certify in-service school principals/ vice principals
and aspiring principals with adequate skills and knowledge of school leadership.
In October 2018, AADF and the Ministry of Education, Sport, and Youth (MoESY) founded the Center
for School Leadership through a joint agreement, and in 2019 CSL started the first cohort of the
compulsory training program. CSL has trained about 800 in-service and aspiring principals and the
fifth cohort is in process with 300 new participants that are attending the program provided in Tirana,
Durres, Elbasan, Korca, and Shkodra.
The Center for School Leadership is developed based on the successful model of the Avney Rosha
Institute in Israel, for the training and certification of the principals of Pre-University Education
Institutions (PUEI). It is tailored to the latest needs and standards of the PUEI principals in Albania,
aiming to train the current school principals and aspiring principals through a training program that
is recognized by the Albanian Law on Pre-higher Education and accredited by the Ministry of
The Center for School Leadership is focused mainly on the following activities:
• Professional development related to leadership and managerial skills of all in-service and
aspiring school principals of public and private educational institutions of the Pre-higher
education system in Albania;
• Administration of the certification process for all participants in the compulsory training
• Continuous professional development modules on other related areas;
• Develop projects that support the quality of pre-higher education institutions in Albania.
For more details about the Center for School Leadership please click here https://csl.edu.al/
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Mission, policy, and planning
– Promotes with key stakeholders the values, mission, and vision of the organization;
– Monitors and evaluates the organization’s work, its effectiveness, and results;
– Recommends strategies on potential opportunities in the field of school leadership.
2. Partnership development
– Facilitates discussions and communications with partners such as: the Ministry of Education
and Sports and relevant educational institutions, donors, public & private entities,
international organizations, etc.;
– Serves as a chief spokesperson for the Center for School Leadership, assuring proper
representation in the media and community.
3. Operations and Strategic Planning
– Provides general oversight of Center for School Leadership activities, training timeline, and
plans and assures a smoothly functioning and efficient organization;
– Implements and improves the standards, systems, and procedures in order to assure program
quality and organizational stability;
– Recruits, retains, and supports quality staff in compliance with regulations and procedures in
4. Financial & Legal Management
– Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting, and auditing
in an efficient and timely matter;
– Monitors cash flow and makes daily and monthly financial decisions;
– In charge of fundraising as well as the diversification of funding resources for the organization,
in order to meet short and long-term goals;
– Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant
existing laws and regulations;
– Protects the NGO and its’ assets against fraud and financial abuse.
5. Support the Board of Directors
– Organize periodic Board meetings for updates on planned and ongoing activities;
– Facilitate discussions on important topics relevant to the meeting’s agenda and the
functioning of the organization;
– Keep the Board of Directors informed on decisions and changes.
Required qualifications and competencies:
At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent either in business administration or education, finance or
– At least 10 years of working experience of which 5 years in a leadership position in a private,
public, or NGO entity;
– Extensive knowledge of the education system in Albania;
– Extensive knowledge and experience in project management;
– Excellent communication and presentation skills;
– Excellent skills in problem-solving, decision making and delegation of duties;
– Excellent command of the English Language;
– Excellent leadership and management skills;
– High integrity is a prerequisite.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to send their Letter of Interest, Curriculum
Vitae, and two letters of recommendation to the following email address: email@example.com.
Please reference the job title “CEO for Center for School Leadership” as the subject in your email
message. Electronic applications are accepted only. All applicants will receive a confirmation that their
electronic submission was received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline for applications: Sunday, January 22nd, 2023, at midnight.