“There are two reasons to read a book: one, enjoy reading and the other, you can brag about it.”
If you have ever tried and failed at getting your child to put down the video games and pick up a book, this might be the day for you! Reading is Funny Day aims to show children that reading can be just as fun as more modern entertainment, whether it be with jokes, riddles or funny stories.
Take the opportunity on this day to show your children how fun reading can be. Download riddles from the internet to get your children engaged, go to the local library to check out a few funny books or even spend the day making up funny stories of your own! Setting this day aside to concentrate on having fun reading can be a real eye opener to the children of today and may even encourage them to start to read on their own on other days of the year!
7 Reasons Why Kids Should Read a Book
- Stimulates Imagination
- Get rid of daily stress or stress
- Get information
- Enrich the vocabulary
- Books are often better than films based on them
- You can read the book whenever and wherever you like
- Encourage others by setting an example or sharing your reading experiences
Reading in Albania
- According to INSTAT, about 1 million Albanians, meaning more than 1/3 of our population, did not read any books last year.
- Of the 2,800,000 Albanians, only 44,000 have read more than 10 books a year.
- Another 102,000 have read from 5 to 10 books over the past year. But reading the newspapers continues to be limited. Only 583,000 reported reading newspapers daily, including online readings.
Reading is extremely important for the formation of any individual, so this process should begin at an early age. Of course, the parents are the first instigators for them, and then this responsibility goes to the teachers. Today, this reading initiative must be reinforced more than ever at an early age. Perhaps even today in this situation, isolation from COVID-19 may serve to read more books, or encourage your child to read a new book. Reading, these days makes your stay at home easier and why not, more fun.