Position Title: Project Coordinator, Center for School Leadership (CSL)
Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) was created in 2009 by the Albanian-American Enterprise Fund with the support and encouragement of United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the United States Government. The mission of AADF is to facilitate the development of a sustainable private sector economy and a democratic society in Albania. As part of the Education sector portfolio, AADF approved in 2017 the formation of the “Center for School Leadership” (CSL).
CSL was established in 2018 as a cooperative effort of AADF and the Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth (MoESY). The Center serves three core purposes: To develop university-based school leadership preparation programs for aspiring principals; to support ongoing professional development of in-service principals and assistant principals, and third, to administer a principal certification process and exam. The Center’s goal is to provide all Albanian schools with leaders who develop positive school environments and lead high quality education programs. AADF is committed to financially supporting the Center for the next eight years.
The Center aims to:
- Develop, support and monitor compulsory principal preparation programs for principals;
- Oversea a principal certification process;
- Collaborate with educational institutions in Albania to improve school leadership policy and standards;
- and school improvement.
- Develop projects that support quality service delivery across pre-higher education institutions in Albania;
- Facilitate collaboration with similar international institutions.
CSL is looking for a responsible Project Coordinator to administer and coordinate projects, from simple activities to more complex plans completed on time, within budget and meeting high quality standards with excellent time management and communication skills.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring project plans and project schedules;
- Collaborate cross functionally with all project stakeholders to achieve the project scope, resource needs and timeline;
- Support the Project Managers and project stakeholders in all aspects of project delivery, driving action items toward completion, identifying, and documenting a project’s schedule, dependencies, scope, and quality;
- Assist the project managers in the implementation in time of project activities to agreed timetables;
- Assist in the reporting, tracking and maintenance of all project documentation as well as through CSL operation platform;
- Responsible for documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings;
- Undertake project tasks as required, from CSL;
- Be detail-oriented in communication, reporting and project coordination;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree, (a Master’s degree would be an advantage preferably in education, leadership, or a closely related field)
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project Coordination with institution and organizations in the field of education
- Good knowledge of education system in Albania
- Good communication, organization and presentation skills
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work independently
- Solid Ethics
- Good understanding of school leadership, training design and delivery are preferred.
Please reference the job title and send a Curriculum Vitae and a Motivation Letter detailing relevant knowledge and experience and interest in the position to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted only electronically and should not be dropped off at the office.
All applicants will receive a confirmation that their electronic submission was received. However, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline for applications is March 23, 2021.